According to a 2005 survey, 53% of farmworkers are undocumented (without legal authorization), 25% are United States citizens, and 21% are legal permanent residents.
Summer Assistant Intern with Freedom School Partners
Freedom School Partners (FSP) is hiring for summer Site Administrative Interns (SAI) to serve as the primary administrative coordinator at one of our sixteen Freedom School sites.
SAI’s primary responsibilities include managing, organizing and performing administrative duties with the possibility of stepping in and leading scholars in the daily Freedom School curriculum. FSP’s mission is to ensure that low-income children maintain or gain reading ability during the summer by providing a unique six-week program that unlocks their long-term potential by igniting their passion for reading and learning.
Dates/Times: May 31 to July 28, 2017, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
This includes all-expenses paid training at Haley Farm in Knoxville Tennessee, conducted by the Children’s Defense Fund staff, from June 4 to June 11.
Will consider special arrangements for current CMS teachers who are interested in the position, but unable to attend the entire training.
- Special consideration for candidates fluent in Spanish and English.
- At least 18 years old, currently enrolled in college and will have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate studies by May 2017. Will also consider college graduates.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially WORD, Excel)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Interest in working as part of an intergenerational team
- Willingness to be open and respectful of all cultures
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for serving children in grades K through 8th grade and enjoy being with and around them.
Current college students or recent graduates: Stipend of $2,712 to $2,850 depending on experience with Freedom School.
North Carolina certified teacher: Stipend of $3,000.