Farmworkers suffer from the highest rate of toxic chemical injuries and skin disorders of any workers in the country, as well as significant rates of eye injuries.
A Year in Review
Check out SAF's 2015-16 annual report telling the story of our work and all the people that helped make it happen this past year.
Here are some highlights from the year:
- 10 youth participated in our Levante program, attending monthly workshops, college tours, marches & conferences
- 14 college students worked as Solidaridad interns & Student Organizers to focus on advocacy & organizing on their campuses in NC
- 24 Into the Fields interns provided bilingual/bicultural health, legal, and educational outreach for 5000 farmworkers
- SAF interns & fellows worked with 100+ workers at farm labor camps to conduct participatory documentary & theater projects
- We coordinated National Farmworker Awareness Week with 43 community partners that coordinated several hundred events across the U.S
- SAF worked with the Adelante Education Coalition to get a bipartisan in-state tuition bill introduced in both houses in the NC General Assembly
- We were honored with the Farmworker Activism Award from Farmworker Justice for our work educating, mentoring & mobilizing students
Thank you to our many supporters, funders, partners, and volunteers for all of your work with us this year. We're grateful for your support on this road to farmworker justice!