The Survivor Network of the North Carolina Coalition Against Human Trafficking (NCCAHT) is designed to create networking opportunities and fellowship among survivors of sex and labor trafficking in North Carolina and surrounding areas. The Network is a capacity development and resource hub for survivors who want to learn and grow their professional and personal skills. The Network also acts as a bridge for survivors looking to use their lived experience to guide service providers/agencies in best practices as well as share their story to effect social change. The Network also works with agencies seeking to connect with survivor leaders for consulting, advising, and speaking engagements.
The NCCAHT Survivor Network is seeking candidates for the position of:
Survivor Leader Support Specialist (10 hours per week)
- Personal history or experience in sex trafficking or labor trafficking.
- Held a role working directly with labor and sex trafficking victims for at least 5 years.
- 3 years facilitating human trafficking and/or sexual assault psycho-education groups
- Experience advising service providers, education centers, law enforcement, medical personnel, mental health providers, and/or professionals in other related fields.
- Experience training on best practices and trauma-informed approaches to working with survivors.
- Experience talking/advising in group settings, forums, events, and consulting
- Comfort with public speaking
- Experience with intake and reviewing applications.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Google documents, and other basic applications
- Ability to manage time and work independently
- Ability to be flexible with some afternoon and evening availability for meetings
- Program management and curriculum development experience a plus
- Mentoring experience a plus
- Spanish-speaker a plus
- Public speaking experience a plus
The Survivor Leader Support Specialist position will include:
30% Survivor Relationship Management
Serve as the main contact for organizing and intake of survivor leaders into the Network.
30% Technical Assistance and Training
Work with Survivor Network Coordinator to provide training and technical assistance to service providers, law enforcement, community groups, and other audiences.
20% Policies and Procedures
Assist with developing the infrastructure of the Survivor Network, including creating forms, documentation, policies, and procedures.
Attend meetings and assist in providing general insight and direction to meeting the Network’s goals of creating and implementing programming for the Survivor Network.
10% Other duties as assigned
This is an independent contracting position. Compensation is $25-$40 per hour, depending on experience.
*This is a temporary position. Funding is currently available through September 30, 2021. Continuation of the position is dependent on funding availability.
Please send cover letter and resume to the NCCAHT Survivor Network Coordinator at NCCAHTSNCoordinator@gmail.com. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm, April 30th, 2021.