The Bilingual (Spanish) Associate Extension Agent will work through Cooperative Extension Community Outreach to coordinate and deliver services to Spanish-speaking families including, Latino Parent & Family Advocacy and Support Training (PFAST) and Parents as Leaders (PAL) Programs in Spanish for parents of school-age children along with other workshops and trainings for parents, families and consumers. The position requires frequent interaction and relationship building with schools and families and strong written and oral language skills in Spanish. The position will also provide bilingual support to general Extension programming, initiatives, and outreach as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Along with the ability to deliver workshops, experience working with families, public schools, and knowledge of public school policies and processes is desired
- Ability to collaborate with community agencies and leaders
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Ability to make sound decisions in areas of responsibility
- Must have the ability to explain subject matter in a concise format.
Requires graduation from high school or equivalent combination of training and experience. Candidate must be bilingual, oral and written fluency in English and Spanish.
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer