Title: Community Organizer
Full Time: 40 hours/week
Temporary: December 31, 2023
Reports to: Deputy Director
Priority Application Deadline: Rolling base, no later than Friday, January 27, 2023
El Pueblo is looking to hire two Community Organizers, who work closely with the Policy/Advocacy Team to implement the organization’s field programs and community engagement and organizing strategy.
This position will:
- Build relationships with volunteers, youth program participants, and adult community leaders to execute field programs, which may include reproductive health and justice, civic engagement, policy advocacy, and other organizational priorities;
- Promote the visibility of El Pueblo and La Fuerza in the community and online; and
- Coordinate youth members, adult members, and volunteers, leading voter registration canvases and get out the vote efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate base-building strategies to recruit community members.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with local grassroots organizations, non-profits, and community leaders by actively participating in coalition calls and community events.
- Build strong community relationships to support the organizations’ civic engagement efforts.
- Create opportunities for community members to understand and speak out about the importance of reproductive health and justice, civic engagement, immigrant rights, and other organizational priorities.
Communications & Development
- Assist with the creation of powerful communications products including print publications, online communications, and social media.
- Work with staff to create social media content for various platforms.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bilingual in Spanish/English;
- Experience working with a diverse team and planning/leading community events;
- Proficient in Microsoft platforms – track volunteers, manage metrics, produce reports, etc;
- Experience in NC politics, policy-making, and/or community organizing;
- Some knowledge of key issue areas relevant to the immigrant community in North Carolina
- Preferred personal experience working with grassroots and nonprofits in North Carolina.
- Possesses excellent oral and interpersonal skills;
- Project management skills with an ability to manage large, long-term, complex projects;
- Able to self-direct, manage multiple projects, and create individual deadlines
- Partnering attitude; high integrity/honesty, promoting accountability for self and others; and
- Ability to convene and lead meetings, and deliver presentations.
Summary of Compensation & Benefits
- Salary at $50,000.
- We provide medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. We have a generous paid time off policy. We will also provide a laptop and all necessary technology.
- In addition, we are deeply invested in supporting the professional development of all staff members.
Please send the following to [email protected] with the subject line “Community Organizer” and your name (no phone calls please):
- Paragraph or bullet points of interest in the position and key qualifying traits
- Your resume with three references
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)