Farmworker Justice (FJ), a national non-profit farmworker advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a highly qualified, motivated individual for a Project Assistant position. The individual will support FJ’s health promotion and occupational safety and health projects.
The Project Assistant will provide an exciting opportunity to assist farmworkers and their organizations with technical and program support and to assist FJ professional staff on health promotion and occupational safety and health projects. The Project Assistant will:
- Assist in the development of health and occupational safety and health educational materials for farmworkers, advocates, and community service providers/organizations
- Provide research, analysis and logistical support for FJ’s health promotion and occupational safety and health projects
- Assist in monitoring and reporting of project activities
- Support general organizational activities, including writing articles for newsletters and website content, assisting the Board of Directors, attending and coordinating coalition meetings, and organizing resource materials
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent research and writing skills, including ability to synthesize information from different sources and present information in a variety of written formats and styles
- Strong commitment to the mission of Farmworker Justice and to improving the living and working conditions of farmworkers and their families
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently on multiple projects
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, proficiency in Haitian Creole a plus
- Prior experience in training, data collection and research, and material development a plus
The Project Assistant position is based in Washington, D.C. Due to COVID-19 precautions, the position will be remote until it is deemed safe to return to the office.
Salary range is $38,000 – $42,000, commensurate with experience. Farmworker Justice provides a generous benefits package, including health and dental insurance.
Application Deadline: Position open until filled. Interested applicants please email cover letter, brief writing sample and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Project Assistant”
Farmworker Justice is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Information about our organization is available at www.farmworkerjustice.org.