Farmworker Justice (FJ), a national non-profit farmworker advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a highly qualified, motivated individual for a Project Director, Health Promotion position. The individual will coordinate and support the implementation of FJ health promotion projects in farmworker communities across the country. The Project Director, Health Promotion will work closely with the Director of Health Policy and Programs and other members of the FJ health team.
The Project Director, Health Promotion will:
- Coordinate implementation of health promotion projects with support from FJ staff, including developing health educational materials for farmworkers, advocates, and community services providers/organizations
- Oversee monitoring and reporting of project activities
- Build relationships with farmworker community-based organizations
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including developing health promotion project proposals
- Support health team projects and other general organizational activities
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Public Health or similar field strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of project management experience, preferably with community-based organizations
- Excellent research and writing skills, including ability to synthesize information from different sources and present information in a variety of written formats and styles
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently on multiple projects
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, proficiency in Haitian Creole a plus
- Strong commitment to the mission of Farmworker Justice and to improving the living and working conditions of farmworkers and their families
The Project Director, Health Promotion position is based in Washington, DC. Due to COVID-19 precautions, the position will be remote until it is deemed safe to return to the office.
Salary range is $58,000 – $62,000, commensurate with experience. Farmworker Justice provides a generous benefits package, including health and dental insurance.
Application Deadline: Position open until filled. Interested applicants please email cover letter, brief writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Project Assistant”
Farmworker Justice is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Information about our organization is available at www.farmworkerjustice.org.