Who We Are
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grant making and direct services in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment and the environment. Values that drive our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
The Hispanic Federation seeks a North Carolina Program Manager to support the North Carolina state office programmatic and advocacy efforts that work to uplift Latino families and organizations. The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of North Carolina and Mid-South Operations on a wide range of projects that expand the organization’s state-wide strategic goals and regional education, health, economic empowerment, civic engagement and immigration portfolio.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate key relationships and partnerships with community leaders and community-based organizations in the state
- Organize and manage logistics of culturally competent and bilingual trainings, workshops and events
- Manage and grow the local HF membership network, including the provision of technical assistance and capacity building support
- Supervision of the NC Civic Engagement Coordinator
- Manage current programmatic offerings and take lead in the development of additional programs as needed
- Create and support a state-wide coalition of Latino organizations to advance programmatic and advocacy goals for the state
- Coordinate with the HF development team to report on the impact and outcomes of state programs
- Coordinate with key HF staff members including communications, programs, and policy teams to advance the goals of the state office
- Ensure the high-quality and success of Hispanic Federation’s programmatic efforts
- Serve as the lead contact for programmatic grants to local HF Members
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of North Carolina and Mid-South Operations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree and demonstrated interest in not-for-profit, program development, and/or community organizing
- Experience in program development and execution
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. Writing skills in Spanish, preferred
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours to meet program goals
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations
- Strong ability to develop work plans, manage budgets, set deadlines, oversee multiple projects and duties simultaneously, and prioritize assignments
- Excellent, well-developed verbal and writing skills are essential
- Ideal applicants will be efficient, results-oriented with high energy and exhibit an exceptional ability to work with others
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of the North Carolina non-profit landscape and understanding of the state’s Latinx and immigrant communities.
- Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation's mission and core values
This is a full-time, permanent position. This position can be based anywhere in North Carolina with preference given to Charlotte and Raleigh metro area. Compensation is commensurate with experience and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 403 (B) retirement plan.
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to Daniel Valdez, Director of North Carolina and Mid-South Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org