Who We Are
Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grant making and direct services in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment and the environment. Values that drive our work include equality, fairness, diversity, and empathy.
Hispanic Federation was selected as one of 15 organizations to participate in the Food Workers Relief (FFWR) Grant Program sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture. Hispanic Federation will be working with 39 of its partner organizations to distribute the payments to frontline farmworkers and meatpacking workers. Including the FFWR grant, Hispanic Federation is on track to provide more than $75 million in COVID-19 related relief, working with over 400 nonprofits in 41 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia.
Who We Seek
Hispanic Federation seeks a Program Manager and Community Liaison to work closely with diverse community-based organizations serving farmworkers and meatpacking workers. The Program Manager will serve as the point of contact for CBOs receiving grants from HF to execute community outreach. The Program Manager will ensure compliance with government regulations and proper execution of program deliverables for granted organizations.
The successful candidate will have experience with community outreach and understand the needs of CBOs working in rural areas within the United States, and more specifically in regions where HF is operational. The candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, have experience with reporting and providing clean and usable data for grantmaking.
The position is funded for the duration of the FFWR Grant Program, approximately December 2024.
Position Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports to: National Director for Economic Mobility
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to CBO partners. Build and maintain mutually trusting relationships with and among partners including community organizations, businesses, etc. that are critical to a successful program implementation.
- Serve as the main point of contact for subgrantee community-based organizations, providing support as CBOs work to complete their grant deliverables and ensuring they are on track to meet all outreach goal.
- Support CBO team members executing farmworker and meat plant worker outreach; provide training, peer learning groups, application learnings and technical assistance as needed and support members with questions around best practices; audit intakes and provide feedback on procedures.
- Review applications submitted by subgrantees to ensure completeness and accuracy, provide feedback on incomplete or incorrect applications.
- Track and manage data provided by subgrantees, request additional information as needed.
- Drafting reports summarizing project results for local markets including opportunities, challenges, and progress.
- Develop and enhance processes and procedures to effectively manage daily operations including internal and external user guides/resource manual.
- Support on-boarding of new staff from CBOs working on the program
- Collaborate with other program managers/community liaison to share, learn about, and collect locally relevant content that improves the program.
- Support senior leadership in measuring local CBO engagement, developing strategies to achieve the program’s goals.
- Work across the program to identify data collection gaps and client’ stories for the impact report. Support research and evaluation efforts tied to identify investment impact.
- Support programmatic and organizational tasks as requested
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience overseeing programs and not-for-profit operations, community organizing, and/or community outreach.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively - managing expectations across projects
- Ability to manage data and set reporting parameters to demonstrate program efficacy.
- Be results-oriented with high energy and exhibit an exceptional ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Ability to work on nights and weekends.
- A willingness to travel is required, having a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive is preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent, well-developed verbal and writing skills are essential.
- Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation's mission and core values.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. Writing skills in Spanish preferred.
- Project management experience desired
- Represents the Hispanic Federation and its programs in a positive manner to both internal and external contacts.
Position salary starting at $55,000 and salary is and is commensurate with experience. Compensation comes with a robust benefits package with a fully subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance after 2 months, 403(B) retirement plans with a company match after 6 months, and access to flexible spending and pre-tax commuter benefits.
First year employees of the Hispanic Federation receive a PTO package with 15 days designated for vacation, 4 Personal Days, and 8 Sick Days annually.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
HF will adhere to all local, state, and federal vaccine requirements. HF requires vaccination against
COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability, medical
necessity or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law will be considered upon request.
Details at a Glance
Full Time Schedule
February 1, 2023
January 31, 2023
4-Year Degree Required
At least USD $55,000 / year
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Compensation comes with a robust benefits package with a fully subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance after 2 months, 403(B) retirement plans with a company match after 6… Read more about benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish. Writing skills in Spanish preferred.