Description of Work
NOTE: If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
The position is located in Raleigh – Wake County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered.
TELEWORK AVAILABILITY: We trust our employees to be self-motivated and successful in hybrid/remote roles; NC Department of Health and Human Services offers work from home options and variable work schedule flexibility for this position.
The Division of Health Benefits requires temporary workers with an approved hybrid telework schedule to work onsite at their assigned duty station at least 8 working days per month. More information on this arrangement may be obtained at the time of the interview.
Hourly Rate: $23.05 to $29.00
(Hourly Rates are based on education, experience, equity, and budget)
This position will target engagement with members of historically marginalized populations and Spanish-speaking individuals. The position will assist in the design, development, and operationalization of beneficiary and stakeholder engagement strategies, plans, approaches, materials, and assist with the in-person or virtual presentations to a large number of stakeholders to share information about Medicaid Managed Care. This position will participate in the development of provider engagement and communication strategies and support provider engagement activities especially those which are tied to beneficiary communication, satisfaction, and service delivery. This includes design, procurement and monitoring the implementation of the ombudsman program and Prepaid Health plans’ member services department requirements. As needed, this individual will research, design, and implement components of the beneficiary/stakeholder support system. This position will work closely with the DHB Engagement and Communications team and colleagues in DHB, staff from other DHHS divisions, state and local advocacy organizations, and representatives from hospitals, nursing facilities, and other providers of medical care.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Assist with development of stakeholder engagement plans and schedules
• Lead or support communication strategies to include major process changes, policy deployments, or new initiatives
• Respond to stakeholder inquiries
• Develop and deliver webinars and other presentations for internal and external stakeholders
• Research best practices in other states and identify those relevant to NC Medicaid beneficiary, provider and stakeholder engagement and member advocacy programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, administrative officials, and the general public
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in oral and written form
• Ability to interpret complex data, data sets, and other information and to identify and communicate trends and probable outcomes
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and project management skills
• Demonstrated strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Teams, and Word)
• Considerable knowledge and ability to use correct grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and language to compose a variety of written materials
• Strong working knowledge of virtual and in-person meeting technology (GoToMeeting, GoToTraining, GoToWebinar, GoToWebcast, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Conference Phone and AT&T Conference Services)
• Bilingual, preferably in English and Spanish
• Two or more years working in a communications, public relations, or engagement role, preferably in the human services or medical field
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Some state job postings say you can qualify by an “equivalent combination of education and experience.” If that language appears below, then you may qualify through EITHER years of education OR years of directly related experience, OR a combination of both. See oshr.nc.gov/experience-guide for details.
Master's degree in a discipline relative to the program from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of related experience; or
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relative to the program area from an appropriately accredited institution and four years of related experience; or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) works closely with beneficiaries, health care professionals, community leaders and advocacy groups; local, state and federal entities; and other stakeholders vested to improve the health and safety of all North Carolinians by providing essential human services. NCDHHS is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with about 17,000 employees.
The Division of Health Benefits (DHB) within NCDHHS is committed to advancing innovative solutions that improve health, promote well-being and foster independence for all North Carolinians. DHB manages and oversees North Carolina Medicaid, NC Health Choice and other programs that provide access to services and supports for parents, children, seniors, people with intellectual / developmental disabilities, and behavioral health, substance use and traumatic brain injury disorders. With a budget over $18 billion in state and federal funds per fiscal year, DHB ensures that more than 96,000 enrolled providers are reimbursed for delivering covered services to 2.3 million beneficiaries.
Realizing the strength of DHB lies in its employees, DHB remains dedicated in its efforts to create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace environment.
Pre-Employment criminal background checks are required for all positions with the Division of Health Benefits (DHB).
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact us at [email protected].