The National Farm Worker Ministry is seeking an administrative assistant to join our team. This is a full-time position for someone who has strong organizational skills, a cooperative spirit and a desire to support the work of social justice with and on behalf of farm workers.
Our Mission: National Farm Worker Ministry (NFWM) is a faith-based organization committed to justice for and empowerment of farm workers. NFWM educates, equips and mobilizes member organizations and other faith communities, groups and individuals to support farm worker led efforts to improve their living and working conditions.
Our Goal with staff: NFWM is a nurturing organization with staff engaged in manageable, sustainable and transformative work.
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for the administrative management of the organization, assisting and working collaboratively with the ED on daily operations.
Management and Operations (30%)
- monitors operational systems, infrastructure, compliance with laws, regulations, grants/income calendar and organizational policies in partnership with the ED
- maintains subscriptions, memberships and monthly invoices for organizational operations
- manages basic human resource records, processes and procedures in cooperation with the ED
- manages the administrative relationships with Member & Supporting Organizations
- opens and distributes mail
- operates as part of the team structure which includes weekly work check ins, bi-monthly staff meetings/conference calls, staff planning retreats and meetings, etc.
Income Processing and Reporting (30%)
- works in collaboration with the ED and/or Development Manager to maintain the donor database and constituent relationship management systems
- manages income processing and reporting
- facilitates thank yous for donations
- provides monthly reconciliation of Giftworks/Network for Good to the bookkeeper and any income reports as needed
Communication (10 %)
- assists with mailings and resource sharing
- provides mailing labels/list for newsletter and other mailings
- facilitates supporter response (informational inquiries, requests for resources, etc.)
- monitors Ministry’s e-mail and coordinates any needed response
Administrative Support (20%)
- coordinates logistics for Board meetings and helps ED in preparations for board meetings, events, etc.
- oversees ministry purchasing for supplies, equipment and property management
- assists the ED to provide status reporting to the Board
- performs administrative tasks as needed
Organize and Maintain Records (10%)
- assists ED in keeping official records of the organization
- supervises NFWM’s cloud files and assists all staff in maintaining accurate records
NFWM embraces the value of flexibility so there are likely to be other duties as assigned by the supervisor in order to accomplish the mission of the organization.
Submit a resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to NFWM, P.O. Box 10645, Raleigh, NC 27605. Position will be filled as soon as possible or when appropriate candidate is found.