POSITION DESCRIPTION: Co-Director for Organizational Development and Operations
This position will serve as the backbone of the organization focusing primarily on ensuring that NCEJN is operating at its optimum level so as to enable programs and interventions to flourish.
● Lead efforts regarding financial and human resources, fundraising including grant writing, member development, and the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development plan with corresponding timelines.
● Lead the financial oversight of the organization, including working with the Operations Manager and accountant to ensure proper recordkeeping and reporting.
● Analyze the effectiveness of development plans to ensure fundraising goals are being met.
● Provide periodic reports to colleagues and the board.
● Partner with communications staff to coordinate and integrate membership stewardship, online fundraising, direct mail, newsletters to expand donor outreach capacity.
● 5+ years related fundraising experience. Required.
● Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships. Required.
● Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a non-profit fundraising. Strongly preferred.
● Experience working with fundraising principles and practices. Strongly preferred.
● Experience working within a 501(c)3. Preferred.
● College degree. Preferred.
● We welcome applicants who share a strong commitment to our values and to integrating justice and equity into everything we do.
● We strive to create an inclusive organizational culture that embraces wholeness and well-being and expect all of our staff to do their part in fostering a vibrant and life-affirming workplace.
● Knowledge of and passion for environmental justice issues.
● Curiosity and openness with exploring democratic leadership models.
● Ability to write well and effectively communicate the mission, goals, and needs of an organization, and ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
● Possess high level of compassion, integrity and intellectual curiosity.
● Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy, and tact to build strong relationships and motivate donors and volunteers.
● Excellent time management skills.
Supervision Requirements: This position will supervise the part-time Operations Manager.
Salary: $70,000/year plus benefits
Shared Co-Director Responsibilities: All Co-Directors positions within the organization will share a commitment to ensuring that NCEJN is fulfilling its mission and vision, always maintaining the communities we work with front and center in terms of strategy development, implementation and overall direction and priority-setting. Each Co-Director will be a key driver of coordination and communication across all of NCEJN’s spheres of work in support of values-alignment, program execution and network building. Co-Directors will assist with organizational marketing and communications, including media outreach and occasionally serve as spokesperson for the organization. All staff are expected to consult on and support with planning, development and organization of Annual EJ Summit.
If interested in being considered for this position, please send a brief cover letter and resume to NCEJN's consultant Zulayka Santiago: email@example.com by Friday, January 31, 2021, 11:59pm. Your email subject line should read: NCEJN Application: Co-Director for Org. Development & Operations.