POSITION DESCRIPTION: Operations Manager (part-time)
This position will be in direct support of the Co-Director for Organizational Development and Operations
Helping to ensure that NCEJN’s infrastructure and operations enable programs to flourish.
● Support efforts regarding financial and human resources, fundraising including grant writing, membership development, and the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development plan with corresponding timelines.
● Assist with the management of NCEJN’s human resources, including interns and volunteers.
● Support the financial oversight of the organization, including working with the Operations Director and accountant to ensure proper recordkeeping and reporting.
● Support the work of the communications staff to coordinate and integrate membership stewardship, online fundraising, direct mail, newsletters to expand donor outreach capacity.
● Coordinate efforts related to the planning and execution of the Annual EJ Summit.
● 2+ years related operations management experience. Required.
● Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably within a nonprofit. Strongly preferred.
● Experience working with fundraising principles and practices. Strongly preferred.
● Experience working within a 501(c)3. Preferred.
● College degree. Preferred.
● We welcome applicants who share a strong commitment to our values and to integrating justice and equity into everything we do.
● We strive to create an inclusive organizational culture that embraces wholeness and well-being, and expect all of our staff to do their part in fostering a vibrant and life-affirming workplace.
● Knowledge of and passion for environmental justice issues.
● Ability to write well and effectively communicate the mission, goals, and needs of an organization, and ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
● Possess high level of compassion, integrity and intellectual curiosity.
● Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy, and tact to build strong relationships and motivate donors and volunteers.
● Excellent time management skills.
If interested in being considered for this position, please send a brief cover letter and resume to NCEJN's consultant Zulayka Santiago: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 31, 2021, 11:59pm ET. Your email subject line should read: NCEJN Application: Operations Manager.