CORE is working to create a more equitable food system for all people through institutional change! Our work brings together food and racial justice practitioners. We are looking for a critical addition to our team who has solid organizational and relationship building skills to support our efforts. Is this you? Is this someone you know? If so, apply NOW!
Position Description: The CORE Program Assistant will support both the general business functions of the initiative as well as offer program and logistical support. This is a part-time, 30 hours/week position. This position will be primarily remote with some in-person requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Work and event coordination
- Information/records administration
- Program support and organization
- Community engagement/collaboration
- Financial administration
- Office technology
Department Required Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent follow-up, time management and computer and database management skills
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extremely reliable and excellent team player in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent work ethic and genuine interest in the work of CEFS broadly, and specifically supporting communities in creating equitable food systems
- Openness to collaborative working styles, shared leadership methods, racial equity frameworks for team and community engagement, and creativity
- Knowledge and awareness of race/racism in the US and ability to use a racial equity lens in all work and organizational efforts and relationships
Preferred Experience/Education: This position requires post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor’s degree. Alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
For more information and to apply, please visit the CEFS website: https://cefs.ncsu.edu/coreprogramassistant/
The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, political affiliation, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Please see the job posting for information about how to request disability-related accommodations during the application and interview process.