Project Access of Durham County (PADC), a non-profit organization, provides donated specialty medical care and services to low income uninsured residents of Durham County. PADC is located at 4206 N. Roxboro St, Durham, NC. This position will coordinate referrals, screen and enroll patients, respond to incoming calls, and schedule medical appointments. This work is done at the office with appropriate measures to reduce spread of COVID, including curb-side appointments with patients. Visit our website for more information: www.projectaccessdurham.org.
- Screen and enroll patients over the phone, or in person as needed.
- Manage referrals for specialty medical care, and related communications.
- Schedule medical appointments.
- Coordinate with case management team.
- Arrange for transportation as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and patient files.
- Respond to requests for information about Project Access.
- Foster positive relationships with and between patients, practices, physicians, clinics, pharmacies, volunteers, and community organizations.
- Maintain office appearance and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Strong customer service orientation and ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences and across different settings. Experience in health care services or education desirable, as well as knowledge of resources in Durham County. Strong initiative and flexibility in identifying and solving problems. Ability to manage work independently and to work cooperatively. Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability preferred. Proficiency in MS Office, as well as ability to quickly learn new software.
Position is full-time, 40 hours/week, with benefits (health and dental insurance, matching contribution to retirement plan, paid time off). Starting salary is $16.50/hour.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Sally Wilson, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 919-237-2356.