Episcopal Farmworker Ministry (EFWM) is seeking a temporary full-time outreach worker for our disaster preparedness and response program. The position is funded for five months. The outreach worker will work under the supervision of the Disaster Preparedness and Relief Program Coordinator. Outreach will be conducted at farmworker camps, Latinx stores, trailer parks, and other locations in Sampson and its surrounding counties. The outreach worker will disseminate information about the pandemic, vaccines, and disaster preparedness. They will also help transport, sort, and distribute donations. The outreach worker will join a dedicated team who is working to increase vaccination rates, and resilience of Latinx populations in rural NC.
About Episcopal Farmworker Ministry:
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry responds to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families, and actively supports opportunities for them to become self-directive. We seek to minister to farmworkers in three principal ways: through direct services; through development and support of programs that work towards the empowerment of farmworkers; and by encouraging leadership development, advocacy, and education aimed toward a systemic change in agricultural policy at local and state levels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct outreach in a safe and respectful way, abiding security and safety protocols.
• Provide the community with veridic information about the pandemic, vaccination, and disaster preparedness.
• Schedule vaccination appointments, help people apply for COVID-related benefits, perform referrals to other agencies.
• Conduct pandemic and disaster-related phone calls to community members.
• Prepare outreach materials and donations.
• Transport, sort, and deliver donations.
• Document services and referrals appropriately.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish. English fluency preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members of the Latinx community and farmworkers.
• Computer savvy and ability to learn quickly. Intermediate computer skills (internet, email, G Suite, and Microsoft Office)
• Flexibility in scheduling and availability (will need to work on evenings and weekends).
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
Education and Experience:
• High School Education, G.E.D. or equivalent training, preferably with one year exposure to farmworker related issues.
• From a farmworker family or previous experience working with farmworkers preferred.
•Status: Full-time temporary position (5 months)
• Location: Dunn, North Carolina
• Work hours: 40 hours weekly
• Access to company vehicle.
• Salary: $15 per hour
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line: “Outreach Worker.” Members of communities of color, the LGBTQI+ community, immigrant communities, and other historically disenfranchised communities are encouraged to apply. Applications accepted until the position is filled.