Language Services Manager reports to the Operations Manager and will work closely with Team Managers & Bookkeeper.
Client Project Management
- Monitors incoming interpreting and translation requests, matching new clients with a Project Manager.
- Manages client service requests for a number of tilde’s translation and interpreting clients from outset through completion.
- Keep tilde’s database up to date.
- Schedules and facilitates (or delegates facilitation) of translation and interpreting team meetings.
- Assist the Operations Manager with internal processes such as enhancing and improving systems, drafting new client contracts, evaluating processes, and proposing new tools to streamline gig work.
- Provide administrative support to translation and interpreting teams as needed.
We are seeking candidates who are self-motivated, highly organized, and have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Skills and experience required:
- Some past experience in a similar role and/or transferable skills from related work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish and attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Direct communicator, able to ask for help and hold boundaries
- Ability to check/respond to email and phone calls several times a day during the workweek (Monday-Friday)
- Experience and competency working with immigrants of different documentation status, communities of color, the LGBTQ community, and with working-class communities
- Experience working with other cooperatives and/or with organizations with democratic decision-making
- Experience working with interpreters or translators
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Business management skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Experience with the following software:
- Airtable or other Cloud Collaboration Platforms
- Google Docs & Google Sheets
- Memsource Translation Software
- Zoom Language Interpretation
tilde is a cooperative that creates a sustainable livelihood for language workers, and advances language justice by providing high-quality interpreting, translation, training, and consulting in the North Carolina Triangle region and beyond. We envision a multilingual world in which all languages are respected, language work is valued, and all people can fully participate in movements for social justice and collective liberation. tilde is currently made up of nine worker owners. We were founded in 2017, and became legally incorporated in December 2018.