Agriculture is consistently ranked as one of the three most dangerous occupations in the United States.
SAF depends on financial support from individuals like YOU to continue our work with farmworkers. SAF is a 501(c) 3 non-profit, charitable organization. SAF's Employer Identification Number as issued by the Internal Revenue Service on November 9, 1992 is #56-1789014. Donors may deduct contributions to SAF to the extent that their contributions are gifts, as provided in section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Here are FOUR great ways to support SAF:
1. Make a Personal Donation
1317 W. Pettigrew St. Durham NC 27705
As SAF incurs charges on each credit card transaction, we ask that you give a minimum of $10. All donations of $10 or more are acknowledged in SAF's newsletter.
- Consider becoming a perennial donor by sustaining our work with monthly donations. Just go to our Donate Now page and click "Make this a recurring donation" when you enter your donation. Donors will be listed on SAF’s website, listserve, and annual report. Click here to read more about our perennial donor sponsor levels: wind, sun, praying mantis, water, organic compost, seeds, and worker bees!
- Check with your human resources department to see if your company offers matching gifts. SAF is registered with Benevity workplace giving services.
- Make a donation in honor of a friend for their birthday or holiday and we'll send them a card letting them know you've made a donation on their behalf.
- Include SAF in your will.
2. Become a SAF Fundraiser
Be a grassroots fundraiser for SAF! Contact us to sign up, and we'll work with you to come up with fundraising ideas and to create a personalized web page so your friends and family can learn about and support SAF's work. (See a sample fundraiser page here.)
3. Donate In-Kind Items and Services
To donate materials and professional services, contact SAF at 919-660-3652 or email Joanna. SAF’s wish list includes:
- Office Supplies
- Documentary equipment such as audio recorders and digital, Polaroid, 35mm, or video cameras
- Computer equipment such as Macintosh laptop, desktop, monitor, or keyboard
- Printing, color printer, and printer toner cartridges (HP LaserJet Printer 2055DN)
- Food, beverages, and disposable kitchen items
- Frequent flyer miles
4. Donate your car