Senior Grants Coordinator
Full-Time/Immediately/ Location – Wake County, NC, Option to be remote in NC
JOIN OUR TEAM!
NC Counts Coalition is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to building a healthy, just, and equitable North Carolina through cross-sector partnerships that advance systemic solutions for communities facing systemic barriers, including BIPOC, LGBTQ+, low wealth, immigrant, indigenous and other communities.
At NC Counts Coalition, the Grant Coordinator will support NC Counts in processing grant agreements, payments, and reports as well as conduct research and analysis of internal grant data to assess and strengthen the organization’s grantmaking program. The Grant Coordinator will be a part of NC Counts’ operations team and will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Support operations and program staff in finalizing grant agreements, amendments, gifts and sponsorships, to include clear grant deliverables and payment and reporting schedules aligned to the organization’s payment calendar
- Communicate with NC Counts’ grant recipients to complete detailed documentation and procedures as required to confirm grant, gift, or sponsorship payments
- Coordinate with NC Counts’ operations teams to address complex agreement issues
- Be the point person who manages and supports the maintenance of systems to track grant reporting
- Train and support staff on the organization’s grant management system
- Serve as an administrator of the grants management system
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all grant, gift, and sponsorship records and current contacts
- Set up, run and maintain reports to support all of NC Counts’ programs
- Provide troubleshooting for staff and potential grant partners navigating the online portal
- Support the grants team in using data to measure performance and inform operational and programmatic decisions
- Define and extract grant database data to support reporting and analysis of grantmaking investments and performance for results and impact
- Ensure data quality by advising on data structure for new grants management processes as they are built
- Produce verbal and visual summaries of grant records to internal stakeholders. Assist in the design and development of data visualizations
- Support NC Counts’ communications team with internal grants communications projects
- Assist with responding to general grant inquiries to NC Counts and inputting contact data in the appropriate database
- Send quarterly updates to the communications team
- Other contributions as needed to support a dynamic team
- 3-5 years of office-based administrative experience that includes data entry and work with grants, contracts, or other legal documents
- 1-3 years in government, nonprofit, or issue campaigns
- Bilingual preferred, with verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills with NC Counts Coalition teammates, partners, and additional stakeholders
- Highly skilled with Google Suite and Microsoft Office tools and a customer relationship management platform
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Robust analytical skills and comfort with both qualitative and quantitative data (e.g., impact measurement, financial and statistical analysis)
- Ability to work with internal and external partners and guide them through technical data and grantmaking processes
- Demonstrated ability to establish and cultivate relationships with a wide range of constituencies
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and a willingness to jump in where needed
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Passionate commitment to NC Counts’ mission and vision
- You are aware of your group identities and how they have shaped your life and experiences at work. You have an analysis of how racism and other forms of oppression in society impact relationships, systems, and culture. You bring experience and skills for working effectively with colleagues across group identities and position/role.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to deliver results
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines; able to keep a flexible and organized schedule
- Ability to report updates and needs to direct supervisor
- Thinks critically and and seeks out creative solutions
- Superior organizational skills and deep attention to detail
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- High integrity and sound judgment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility to sometimes work outside of a 9-5 work schedule
- Ability to travel within Wake County and sometimes outside of Wake County for staff retreats and other special events
This position description is intended to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position and may not include all tasks that may be assigned. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
PAY & BENEFITS
Compensation for this position is $58,000 - $63,000 per year. We offer a benefits package with health, dental and vision benefits, a 401k, and more! This position will be an employee of the NC Counts Coalition, a non-profit, nonpartisan statewide coalition based in Raleigh, NC.
HOW TO APPLY
First and foremost, we are looking for talented people with diverse backgrounds and shared experiences with the communities our organization serves, who are inspired by our mission, and who are highly motivated to dismantle systemic racism and inequities and build an equitable North Carolina. You’ll be an amazing fit with NC Counts Coalification if your passion for justice and equity drives your work, you enjoy cultivating strong relationships and elevating yourself, your work, and the people around you to the next level.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every single one of our qualifications as described below.
Interested candidates should submit to this link: http://bit.ly/NCCountsEmploymentApplication
- A resumé
- A persuasive cover letter (maximum 2 pages) that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to work with NC Counts Coalition (www.nccounts.org)?
- To what extent has pursuing racial or other types of equity and inclusion been a priority in your life or your work, and how did you approach it?
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this role?
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as a single file. Cover letters that do not address the questions outlined above will disqualify a candidate from moving forward in the screening process.
- Three professional references. At least one reference should be of a prior supervisor (direct supervision) and at least one of a prior work colleague.
We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We will be conducting 3 rounds of interviews: An initial phone interview and 2 rounds of in-person or Zoom interviews.
NC Counts Coalition is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have an unwavering commitment to maximizing the diversity of our team and want to involve all those who can contribute to our inclusive culture. We actively seek representation of employees who reflect the makeup of the communities most impacted by the issue we are fighting for. This includes, but is not limited to, class, race, ethnicity, religion/spirituality, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, immigration status, sexual orientation, history of incarceration, and military status. Persons with disabilities may request accommodations.